The Emergency Services Program insures that City staff is prepared to respond to a major or minor emergency affecting the welfare of city residents and the business community. It provides assistance to all City departments in the development of individual emergency preparedness response, recovery plans and standard operation procedures. It also coordinates emergency service planning and education between the City and local schools, businesses and the community at large.
- For a copy of the Home Safety Emergency Prep Guide, stop by City Hall, the Police Department or Parks and Recration Offices. To have a Prep Guide mailed to you, please call 323-563-9502 or send an e-mail to email@example.com.
- Learn how to build a Family Disaster Supply Kit. Go to http://www.oes.ca.gov. Click on the Be Prepared link.
- For information on CPR/First Aid Classes, contact the local American Red Cross chapter at http://www.acrossla.org.
- Be Weather Prepared! For information on Severe Weather Watches, Warnings and Advisories, go to http://www.wrh.noaa.gov/warnings.php?wfo=lox.
- For any other questions about disaster preparedness call 323-563-5483 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Community Emergency Response Training (CERT) Program
(PDF format - 152kb) The City of South Gate, in conjunction with the Los Angeles County Fire Department, and the Area E Disaster Management Office offers the CERT program in South Gate. For more information, email email@example.com
- Prepare your Horses
(PDF format - 123kb) Emergency Preparedness information for horse owners.
- Prepare Your Pets
(PDF format - 1094kb) Don't forget to prepare to care for your pets in an emergency.
- Emergency Survival Calendar
(PDF format - 362kb) A month to month guide to emergency survival
- 10 Ways You Can Be Disaster Prepared
(PDF format - 505kb)
- 10 Maneras De Estar Preparado Para Un Desastre
(PDF format - 504kb)